Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I bring out the beauty of the picture below?

The photo is this:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/pi-over-two鈥?/a>





I would appreciate some expert opinion if this picture can be worked into something nice and how to do it. I have Photoshop CS4. If you can advise me on how I can utilize it on this one, please do.





And if you're OK with it, please do also check the photostream for photos which you think have aesthetic value.How can I bring out the beauty of the picture below?
Straighten it a bit, experiment with different crops, and brighten the levels a little. Actually, I thought that was the best from your photostream. Your landscapes mostly have crooked horizons and your compositions are too centered and static. Vary how you look at things. Shoot from high and low instead of always a standing position.. Landscapes have more impact when they have a defined foreground, middle and background. I liked the colors abounding in your images. Keep learning and practicing.How can I bring out the beauty of the picture below?
We're really spoiled these days with our computers and software and crap.





If we wanted to bring the beauty out of our pictures, we should have started with the picture itself, at the time we took the picture.





All the above are good suggestions. My suggestion? Take the picture in the early morning, or at sunset, to capture some more natural emotion from the day.





I don't know about the rest of you, but I want to take good pictures, not just play on my computer.
From having done 4 years of phoogrpahy as part of education





The curtain spoils the picture





also the angle is tilted the rest is nice tho





if ur talking about how grey the picture looks


use this website





www.tutorialized.com





check for a hue guide and lighting techniques


if u wud take the picture again i would center the child make the angle flat not tilted and remove the curtain


apart from that, good pic!
You can try the following:


+Crop the image, like stated the curtains ruin the image


+Mess with the color balance a little bit, it would be nicer if some of the colors were a wee bit more vibrant


+Remove the reflection on the left part of the window





In the end there are a number of things you could do but it all depends where you want to go with it.
for surreal feel you could change the scene in the window to a completely computer generated image.





creativity is at a low point for me at the moment urgh,





kudos for cs4, i have it to.
I've found that www.picture2life.com allows me to do some very cool stuff with my photos, so you can give it a try and it's all free.
up the vibrance (colors) and contrast. its all u got going, maybe some blurs to create depth. dodge and burn shadows and highlights make it more dramatic.





photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment