Saturday, December 26, 2009

Do you think our American society emphasizes outer physical beauty more than personality in this generation?

As opposed to previous generations?


Or has it always seemed to be this way?





I mean, the reason why I ask this is because I'm twenty, and I've basically only lived through one generation lol, so I was sort of wondering if decades back people cared more about personality than looks, or if it were always the same.


What are your thoughts?





Please STAR if you find this question interesting!Do you think our American society emphasizes outer physical beauty more than personality in this generation?
No, I think it has always been that way. The definition of beauty might change, but the desire for it remains the same. It's genetically programmed into our brains. A lot of the traits considered attractive are signals for the opposite sex for good reproductive mates. I have heard research that says even babies respond more positively to beautiful people. Do you think our American society emphasizes outer physical beauty more than personality in this generation?
It's obvious that is the case these days. All you have to do is watch TV a few minutes and wait for one of the so-called ';beautiful'; people to open their mouth. They definitely aren't famous for their brain, that's for damn sure.
I also have only lived one generation lol


Im 20.


But I fully beleive that we are far more concerned with our appearance than they the times before us.


It has increasingly became more important has the years pass.
I think its always been that way.
Lol YES Americans will and always will be that way inclined!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment