Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do women enjoy painting their nails, trying on beauty products or do so b/c society expects women to do this?

As a crossdresser, i enjoy painting my toe nails, and then removing the nailpolish and trying on another color, or trying on different makeup products.





I am wondering if women also enjoy such things, or do they get nails done, and preety them selves b/c of expections that society has from women.Do women enjoy painting their nails, trying on beauty products or do so b/c society expects women to do this?
Depends on the woman. Some do it because it's simply FUN to check out all the pretty colors and see which ones match best with their skin tone and clothing. Others do it out of boredom lol. Then of course, there are those women who try and fit into societies standards on what is pegged as acceptable and attractive in a woman. Other women don't give a hoot and won't conform to society no matter what.Do women enjoy painting their nails, trying on beauty products or do so b/c society expects women to do this?
I think that women themselves enjoy it. They like looking pretty, getting attention, feeling presentable from head to toe, it gives them confidence. But I guess you're right in a way, because not all women act this way, it's the representative majority, in varying extents, that sort of give this stereotype to all women.





And sometimes it's not pressure from society, it's just pressure to look good at school or work or at a party or just at the mall.
I don't enjoy painting my nails but I do it because it makes them look nice. I don't always wear polish on them, sometimes I just do a french manicure. I don't enjoy putting on make-up either, but I do wear it because I look better with a little bit on. I would rather get my nails done rather than do them myself, but I don't like to spend the money for something I can just as easily do at home.
They do it because they are rewarded for doing it, that is getting male attention and enhancing self-esteem as a consequence of becoming more beautiful.





This is why feminism does not like the heterosexual male, because straight men reward this behavior and propagate the marketing for it. For a woman to be truly independent, she may need to discard men entirely.
well when enjoy doing it sometimes. i don't feel pressured to do so. but their are times when i don't really care one way or the other and at those times i don't do any of that stuff. i don't feel pressured to be that way, i don't need to do any of that to know i'm a woman. my ovaries are all the proof i need.
Some women enjoy it, some do it because it's expected, and some of us hate it and avoid makeup, nail polish, and beauty products at all costs. To me it's a huge waste of money and time, and am so glad I don't have to use that stuff.
I still enjoy getting ready for special events like weddings or big dates. The basic make-up stuff that I do every morning to go to work is more of a chore at this point. The novelty of that wore off sometime during middle school.
I like trying these things, mainly I do it on a weekend and just wear it around the house. But I don't expect that I have to in public, I always go without make-up.
Women do it because they enjoy it. There is no law that says you have to do those things if you don't want to.
Women do this because it enhances their inherent beauty.
its kind of both but almost every girl wants to look pretty.


like myself for example, i get all dressed up today and im not even going anywhere. i guess it just boosts confidence :)
I wear makeup and nail polish because I like it. Not because I feel like I have to do it.
I do it because it's fun and I enjoy it. I don't really care what society expects me to do.
OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment