Sunday, April 25, 2010

What's more important to you, intelligence or beauty? Why?

In my experience, while people say they would pick a good personality or intelligence over beauty, it seems that people are superficial and only look at beauty. I don't mean to be judgemental, and don't take offense to the question, I'm just curious.What's more important to you, intelligence or beauty? Why?
Intelligence, if you are smart and know how to handle yourself smartly, you are also beautiful. Beauty will fade over time but the wisdom you gain from being smart will remain with you until the end.What's more important to you, intelligence or beauty? Why?
Beauty is more important, and I don't mean beautiful in the sense that someone else defines beauty.





Look all over the world and beauty is defined differently. Look all over the world and intelligence is found to be more beautiful.





To me, beauty is the foundation of intelligence. Without beauty intelligence makes no sense.





It is one thing to be intelligent, but without the understanding of beauty intellegence is meglomantic.





Beauty includes intellegence.





Intellegence quite often exlcudes beatuy because intellegence is self centered.





Intellegence that understands beauty is all encompassing.
The question is somewhat obscure. The reason is that, intelligence is in itself also beautiful. On the other hand, simple formal beauty, such as the apparent beauty of a dumb woman, is not real beauty. Nothing can be considered beautiful, unless there is harmony in it. A good looking, but dumb woman is lacking harmoney, and will soon stop being appreciated.
Intelligence is alluring to me. Beauty can be cloying. I'd pick intelligence because with intelligence often comes humor, perspective, worthwhile anecdotes, wisdom.





I've known people who ceased being physically attractive to me once I realized they weren't that interesting/intelligent. And I've known others whose appeal only showed itself once I was privy to the gorgeous facets of their minds.





Ideally, one would be able to have both intelligence and beauty in a person. But, really, there just aren't enough of us to go around... ; )
Intelligence, definitely. I am a young man who loves to talk about current events, global problems, politics, and economics sometimes. I would love to be with a person who can engage in intelligent conversations with me in order for both of us to learn more from each other's experiences. Beauty without brains could be as bad as brawn without brains
intelligence and personality by far. grante dpeople might judge you on your looks but oreally the only opinions that matter are those of the people that know you. no?





anyways it is certainly true that some people treat good looking people too well, and less good looking too bad. but i find what is more often over looked and yet still exists, are the people that treat good looking people badly and less good looking better, because they think exactly that way, that good people get treated so well and also some good looking people are really snotty about it, so they are bitter about it and hate all of them from the get go.





people will treat others depending on their looks, no matter what the looks are, some one way and some the other. and some people don't. and i like to think that i'm one of those so my answer is intelligence.
if u like someone for sure u first notice him/her because of his/her appearance. u don't notice them because of their personalities.





personality and intelligence comes second. beauty comes first 'cause it is the cover.





take for example a book. u notice a book because of its cover then u will read the reviews at the back. you will then decide if u will read it or not.





it is like in real world. the most important thing is u can get to knw them better. once u them better, it is the only way u can say if u want beauty or intelligence or both.





BUT FOR ME, I AM FIRST ATTRACTED BECAUSE OF THIER APPEARANCE. THEY DON'T NEED TO BE VERY ATTRACTIVE BUT AS LONG AS THEY CAN GET MY ATTENTION WHENVER I SEE THEM. THEN THERE ATTITUDE COMES SECOND.





I'LL ASK FEW PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR PERSONALITIES AND THAT IS THE POINT IF I SHOULD REALLY BE ATTACHED TO THEM OR NOT.





THOUGH SOMETIMES I AM ATTRACTED TO SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE OF THIER APPEARANCE AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ARE THEIR ATTI TUDES ARE. ...
Ever hear of the ';dumb blond';. I doubt very much that being called one is a compliment. Though it usually means, she's beautiful,





You are correct in your evaluation. I know (I am now retired) that my career flourished, and I was hired because of my looks, but if that was all I had I would not have succeeded in it. That said, if I were not smart, and intelligent I would not have been hired, or given even a chance no matter how beautiful I appeared.





Truth to tell, Beauty, + Brains = ultimate success.
We all get so caught up in being right in others eyes we forget that we are supposed to be happy. I want to be physically attracted to someone first and foremost. It's the first thing I can truly understand from the word go. Then as I explore them I recognize things in them I admire. Intelligence, capacity for joy, all the things I've compiled that are essential to my happiness with another person.





It all starts with undressing them with my eyes though.
There is a cut off for both, that is to say that she could be a stone cold fox and then I try to have a conversation and get nothing but blank looks or a nod and then a question about a celebrity in regards to what haircut they should have and I am just not going to be interested.


Or she could be have four different PhDs but she looks like the wrong end of a rhino I am going to suggest ';lets just be friends';.


I like brainy gals though and am more willing to make exceptions for them than I am for pretty twits, I mean what are we supposed to do if we cant enjoy talking to one another, what hope does that relationship have of lasting.
IF SOMEONE IS BEAUTIFUL they are exposed to light. therefore they have the capacity to grow. intelligent people, who are not AT ALL in touch with their beauty, are hard to work with. They are already reliant on whatthey have. it makes sense to them, and likely they protect it with every fiber of their beineng. generally cant grow well.
I think both are important, but intelligence is more important to me because I need someone willing to talk to me about art and science. Beauty is also important to me, but my idea of beauty is not always the same as in the magazines.
Intelligence.... definitely intelligence.





Beauty changes and withers on the branch over time.





With intelligence you can have both - get a good job, earn lots of money and pay for the 'improvements'.
Intelligence, I don't think I could stand someone to dumb, my ditzy friends get on my nervers. And I never looked at beautiy before it is really about what they are like and what they stand for.
i go by the pheromones!! someone who can give me babies. but for your A or B question i might choose intelligence because i can be a bit ditsy and need that extra brain. *i love my computer geek and his black rimmed glasses*
Beauty.





I don't care for a spouse that is intelligent. Otherwise she might figure out she doesn't need to stay in the kitchen all the time.
Intelligency is the most important thing because an intelligent person can make himself/herself beautifull but it is not possible that a beautifull person can make himself /herself intelligent.
For a man : intelligence.


For a woman : beauty


The reason is obvious.
Neither. Being productive is more important than those two. A person might be intelligent but also a couch potato.
I have the intelligence, now I'd like the beauty.
In this world today intelligence is important because most good-looking people are dumb!
Intelligence.
to me intelligence is beauty. so either one i pick means im picking both! i just love positive double standards.
in this world we live in today.... beauty definately

No comments:

Post a Comment