Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do you take the time to embrace the beauty of nature?

Or do you just pass it by without a care or realizing it is there.... i see beauty in everything in this life....i see it in my son's smile, i see it in my partners eyes when he looks at me, i see it when a stranger helps an old lady to cross the street, i see it when two friends hug each other, and in the colours of an autumn leaf such simple things, but beautiful.....so in a cruel hard world do you still take the time to see the the beauty of this world?Do you take the time to embrace the beauty of nature?
Before I went off to college, my mother gave me a long speech about how even though I'm going to art school in the city, I need to maintain an appreciation for nature. She explained that we humans are part of nature, hence it is intrinsic to our being to maintain as strong a connection to it as possible. However, I found that the museums district of Philadelphia doesn't exactly afford that luxury, and I'm sorry to say that I have not followed my mother's fervent advice.Do you take the time to embrace the beauty of nature?
I didn't until I thought I had Cancer a few weeks ago.....Saw everything in a different light then......Glad to say it was a false alarm.......
Yes. The first snowdrop, the drakes getting sexy on the duckpond, and when Autumn starts, the first autumnal leaves.


Frogs mating, the sighting of an urban fox, the herons which stop over in Spring, the water lilies opening and the dragon flies hovering. Yes nature is wonderful.


And I see the harsher side of life. The pain which man hands out to man. (Man's inhumanity to man). For most of my life I have worked with refugees and asylum seekers. My eyes are wide open to genuine cases and to miss-use of present laws. But I have also encountered people who have been physically and psychologically tortured and rejected by the country of asylum.


If you talk about nature, one must not forget that people are also part of 'the grand plan'.
In our busy lifes, it seems also impossible to take a breather and as the saying goes ';stop to smell the roses.'; I guess, sometimes, we just fail to see the beauty in the simplest of things in life that are around us everyday.





I'm glad to say, I'm one of those who try to appreaciate things around me, my parents, friends, family, nature etc. Though most of the time its tough, because we tend to only concentrate on the bad and tough times in life, we forget to embrace life itself.





But I guess, seeing the beauty of nature once in a while when we get the time, makes it more precious and even more beautiful.
As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree,' probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.
of course... when you see beauty in nature it makes me smile b/c it shows me that this world is still beautiful we stil have caring people and not ignornate jack asses.
Yes,every day..I'm very lucky,i live in the ';sticks'; so have the opportunity to appreciate the wildlife too..Any ugliness in this fantastic world is mostly created by the selfishness of humans..
i do try.
Once every day and twice on Sunday!
Yes, I do. I always have time to commune with nature and apprciate its beauty. If you have time please visit my 360 page I have my recent blog about the splendor of nature.thanks.
Yes I do, I try to think about doing this more in my life but I dont do it enough. Sometimes I will see something, and it will hit me that like wow that is really beautiful.
As often as possible but it's difficult in London.
Rebellious, I embrace the beauty that is you.





Are you single?
ahhh, that is so cute. Sadly, I don麓t have spare time, I barely have time to look in the miror and appreciate that i am alive.
Yes - thats why I moved to Milton Keynes - from my front door there is 20 wonderful walks with such nature!
Yes. I love nature.
Yes! all the time. Lots of people appreciated it .
Whenever I can. Even if the sky seems to be a different shade of blue, or the sun sparkling on the snow. That deserves appreciation. Trees, flowers, animals all have their own unique beauty. So do the non-living elements of nature such as rocks and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment