Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where do i find information on starting a beauty bar?

I was thinking of using Diva's Den as the name, Any suggestions?Where do i find information on starting a beauty bar?
I feel stupid...what is a beauty bar? Are you talking about a beauty shop? If so, are you a hairdresser? If you are referring to a beauty shop there are plenty of web-sites that could help you and when I was in cosmetology school, one of our big projects was to pretend that we were opening a salon and we had a small budget to work with and we had to show what we would do from finding the building and making sure it would pass all the state requirements to purchasing towels and other supplies. This could be a really fun and educational home project to do. Just do lots of research on the requirements that must be met where you live and research all aspects...ask questions to owners of similar businesses(maybe not too close to home cause they could view you as future competition) and do this project. Start with a reasonable budget and don't leave out any details. I now have a little boutique where I sell clothing and accessories and it's so much fun...and work...to have my own business. I just typed in ';names for businesses'; on the internet and found some really good names. Good luck to you. Would love to hear how it's going. p.s. I have a friend that owns and runs a salon and she has never been a hairdresser. She just owns it and oversees it but doesn't work on clients...hope my answer helps some.Where do i find information on starting a beauty bar?
Beauty School

No comments:

Post a Comment