Monday, December 14, 2009

Is a beauty school allowed to hold my transcripts?

i was attending cosmetology school and i had about 8 days left and a huge issue with one of the teachers came up and i basically got kicked out for no reason and im trying to transfer to a new school asap and i havnt gotten my transcripts yet and they keep saying they are ';sending'; them in the mail and they wont allow me to come into the school to pick them up, and the school was fully paid for so i dont owe them anything and i am wondering if this is legal to hold them like this?Is a beauty school allowed to hold my transcripts?
When I first saw your question, I thought maybe you hadn't paid, but if you have, they should make them available. I would suggest seeing if your new school has a transcript request form that they can send to your old school to obtain the transcript. They might be more willing if they get an official form in the mail from another school. Also, most schools charge a fee, like around $3.00, so make sure you send in a check for that if they charge that fee.


Good luck in school!Is a beauty school allowed to hold my transcripts?
A bigger question is what will they look like? With 8 days left, and being kicked out, they could give nothing for the term, or all ';F's'; or no grades...





It can get sticky. However, they should release them to show you attended.





A suggestion. Everyone has a ';boss';. Go up the chain. The school has a license or accreditation. You can ask for assistance from the accrediting association

No comments:

Post a Comment