Monday, December 14, 2009

How has societies standards of beauty effected people within the religious community?

if at all?


whether you are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Mormon, Jehovahs Witness?


and this question is exactly focused on anyone of you, just in general.How has societies standards of beauty effected people within the religious community?
I see you include ';Mormon';; since I belong to that religion, officially Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I'll see what I can add. When our early members settled in Illinois from being driven out of Missouri, about 1839, they wound up in a place called ';Commerce';. They changed the name of it to ';Nauvoo';, which means ';The Beautiful.'; The idea was to stress beauty over commercial interests. I wish I could say that ideal still strongly held with our people; most Mormons, I'm afraid, would put commercial interests over the environment.How has societies standards of beauty effected people within the religious community?
I don't think it really does. Some people have issues, and some people have all sorts of funny preferences.


BTW Your avatar name, it makes me sad to see a sad girl.
I think standards of beauty affect religious and non-religious people the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment