Monday, December 14, 2009

Who remembers/misses the Sleeping Beauty exhibit at Disneyland?

The walk-through exhibit with the neat little dioramas that was inside of the Sleeping Beauty castle. Does anyone know why they closed it? My mom used to take me to see it when I was little, and I was so sad when they closed it in '01.Who remembers/misses the Sleeping Beauty exhibit at Disneyland?
I remember it, and miss it. It was closed in 2001 over fears the Castle was a terrorist target and it would be too difficult to evacuate.





Rumor has it that it will reopen before 2010 with new dioramas. They won't be making it handicap accessible though, so it will still have narrow stairways and be difficult to evacuate.





There are zero plans to put a suite in the Castle. It is too small. They are currently building a suite above Pirates of the Caribbean where the Disney Gallery used to be.Who remembers/misses the Sleeping Beauty exhibit at Disneyland?
I loved it as well! I miss it too...some are saying its due to the fact that the 9/11 thing but really it was due to the fact that it wasn't wheelchair accessible...which I understand everyone should be able to experience everything in Disneyland but I still miss it! I would love to see it again..I wonder what they are going to do with the displays?
I do. It is now closed. For security reasons. Too tight close of a room, narrow stairways. They are going to remodel it one day to be the same as the one in Florida to be a hotel room for special guest.
I used to be scared of it to as a child. It was rather dark. I had wondered what happened to it recently. I only go about once a year, and everytime I walk by wondering if I had just imagined it having had been there.





=(
I remember it and I think that they closed it because not enough people went through it. That's why they close down most of there attractions it's because of low attendance.
When i was young i used to love that ,and now that i grew up and i apreciate that and miss it.
I loved the exhibit and was sad to see it go, i think they got rid of it to keep the park fresh but if there is enough buzz about it it will return bigger and better
Yes I remember it.


It closed in 2001 not long after 9/11 due to security concerns. Rumor has it they are going to re-open it in the near future with updated scenes and security cameras so the walk through can be watched without having cast members standing in the way keeping an eye on it and everything that goes on in it. I heard this from a pretty good source that has someone on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment