Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why do feminists complain about beauty pagents?

Haven't they ever heard of Muscle building competitions?Why do feminists complain about beauty pagents?
Those are radical conservative feminists who do.





I would think other types of feminists who believe a woman has a choice to do as she pleases and as long as she's not forced to do something against her will, then it's fine.





If a woman wants to utilize her looks and enjoys participating in beauty pageants, what's the problem? It's not our position to order her what to do and tell her she's degrading herself. That's not true feminism, in my opinion.





I honestly don't see anything wrong with appreciating beauty and if a girl wants to be recognized for her beauty..she can be my guest.





Yes, I'm a feminist.Why do feminists complain about beauty pagents?
Four words: Miss Teen South Carolina.
Beauty Pageants say that they aren't ';all about physical appeance.'; But in all the little brochures I've read, they said we'd be judged on ';Physical fitness and fairness of the face,'; which basically means if the waist size is too close to the size of the boobs, or if you have a pimple or your eyes are too far apart, then you aren't considered to be a suitable candidate for a positive role model for younger girls.
Of course I've heard about them. I'd actually like to compete in figure and obstacle course portions of women's tri-fitness at some point. But at least they call those what they are. the beauty pagents claim to not be based on looks, when they really are. I'm not complaining, other than that there should be male beauty pagents (fitness competitions don't count, the men and women in them are too extreme). I'm looking to see some nice natural looking young men parading around the stage with their shirts off. Unfortunately, not that many women are as shallow or as visual as I am. Or should I say fortunately.......
The objectify women and they parade around in teeny bathing suits and they aren't really judged on their brains but their beauty. But I feel if that is what a woman chooses to do, I am fine with it but it isn't cool!
Now this is from someone who spent weeks training to be a model (but never ended up going through with it) My issue with Beauty Pagents is all the fakeness little girls look up to that and all they see is how thin and good looking all the women are... well everyone has a different body shape and there is no way EVERYONE can look like a beauty queen in the sense that the pagents show... now if not all the girls were a size 2 i can see it being more realistic but until then it is all a dream, dreams are good but so many girls are confusing dreams with reality and in the end hurting themselves...





and for the record what do beauty pagents and muscle building competitions have to do with each other???
thats different. its not a parade. and women do muscle building too. but a pagent is societies idea of a perfect woman. and it makes women think that is the way they should look.
Because it's supposed to be the model of the ';ideal'; woman. Which, apparently, means being done up to the nines and never having anything intelligent to say.
I think feminists complain about beauty pagents because it is thought that they objectify women. The same might be said about muscle building competitions for all I know. Two wrongs don't make a right.
I think it's more a matter of there not being ';intelligence pageants'; or ';kindness pageants'; for women than of there not being beauty pageants for men.





Personally, they make me cringe, but the women are willing participants, so it's really up to them if that's what makes them happy.
I don't like either. Beauty and muscle are unimportant 鈥?they're just nice to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment